This recipe is very easy to make! I love eating these any time of the year! They are soft, moist, and delicious! Reminds me of my childhood.
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sifted cake flour
- 1/4 cup fine sugar (see instructions below to make your own)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Beat the 3 egg yolks plus 1 whole egg.
- Add the oil and beat.
- Add the cake flour and mix. Add the vanilla extract.
- In a mixer, beat the egg whites until frothy. Then add sugar.
- Continue to whisk until the egg whites form stiff peaks.
- Fold the egg whites into the batter until combined.
- Pour into paper lined cup cake pan.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes (or until top is golden brown).
- Cool on a rack and serve!
Making your own fine sugar
- Put sugar in a food processor and process it until it is powdery soft.
- You don't want to end up with powdered sugar, but you want the consistency to be soft and fine.