Hmong eggrolls are fun to eat any time of year! Here is a very basic recipe. Experiment with other ingredients and add whatever you like to suit your taste!
- 1 lb or 2 lb ground meat of your choice (pork, chicken, turkey, beef)
- 2 cup shredded cabbage
- 2 cup shredded carrots
- 2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 package rice vermicelli cellophane noodles
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk for sealing the wrapper
- 50 sheets eggroll skins
- Add hot water to rice vermicelli cellophane noodles and let soak 5-10 minutes until soft. Then take scissors and cut up the noodles.
- Mix meat, cabbage, carrots, onion, oyster sauce, salt, noodles, eggs until well combined.
- Peel the eggroll skins.
- Place eggroll skin on a flat surface. Add the eggroll mixture and roll up. Seal the ends with egg yolk.
- Fry in hot oil until golden brown.
Eat with some sweet chili eggroll sauce!