This is how I make my pho broth recipe:
- beef bones with marrow (leg bones) cut up in 2 inch pieces
- 2 charred onion (then rinse and remove black parts)
- 1 thumb (about 4 inches) charred ginger (same as above)
- 1 spice packet (get it at the asian store, put in the small white mesh bag - coriander, cloves, cinnamon, star anise, fennel, cardamom)
- 1 inch chunk rock sugar
- lots of water (about 1-2 gallon)
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1 tbsp salt
- Pho broth seasoning
- Wash the beef bones clean.
- Add the bones to a large pot and fill with water until covered.
- Boil the bones for 5-10 minutes to get rid of the impurities
- Dump water out and rinse the bones
- Put the bones back in pot and add lots of cold water
- Bring back to boil, cook for 1 hour
- Add the charred onion, charred ginger, spice packet, rock sugar, fish sauce, salt, pho broth seasoning
- Cook for additional 1-4 hours. Cook longer if you want stronger flavor.
- Season to your tasting.
Condiments: (optional and up to you!)
- basil leaves
- bean sprouts
- sliced jalapeno
- hoisin sauce
- sriracha sauce
- crushed peanuts
- chopped green onion
- chopped cilantro
- oyster sauce
- fish sauce
- sliced beef
- sliced tripe
Add new comment