This is a simple recipe that you can make at home.
- 2 and 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 and 1/2 tsp yeast
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil or you can substitute it with canola oil
- 3 tbsp instant dry milk powder
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 pound ground pork (or meat of your choice)
- 1/2 cup cabbage (chopped)
- 1/2 cup green onion (chopped)
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 slice tofu (optional, but I suggest you use it because it makes the pork moist)
- 1 chinese sausage (optional, sliced into small pieces)
- hard boiled eggs (optional)
Making the dough
- Combine the yeast with the warm water, set aside.
- Combine all the dry dough ingredients together in a food processor. Blend for 30 seconds.
- Mix the oil with the yeast and water mixture.
- Open the food processor and pour the liquid into the dry ingredients. Process for 2 minutes.
- Remove the dough and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour or until double in size.
Making the filling
- Mix all the ingredients together with your hands.
Putting it together
- Divide the dough into 16 pieces (or make bigger buns - your choice, you just get less buns)
- Roll out with rolling pin into 6 inch diameter
- Add 1 tbsp meat mixture.
- Fold ends of dough into each other like you are building stairs with them. (watch my video)
- Place onto cut up squares of parchment paper.
- Steam for 12 - 15 minutes depending on the size of the bun.