This bread is soft, sweet, and delicious! This bread was inspired from my experience eating soft sweet japanese bread. I used a chinese method to make the flour paste. This helps the bread be soft!
- 5 cups bread flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 packages of instant yeast
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup bread flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 stick butter, softened and cut up in slices
- Add 1 cup water and 1/3 cup of bread flour to a sauce pan. Mix on medium heat until it forms a thick paste.
- Remove and set aside to cool
- In a mixer, mix 5 cups flour, sugar, yeast, and salt together.
- Mix wet ingredients together: 1 cup milk, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 2 eggs, the flour paste from step 1.
- Make a well in the mixer and add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Using the bread/kneading hook, knead until smooth.
- Add the softened butter one at a time.
- Knead for 20 minutes or until the dough is elastic and smooth.
- Set in a dry place and let it rise until double in size.
- Shape the dough into any shape you like.
- Mix 1 egg white with 2 tbsp of water.
- Brush onto the buns before baking.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes on 350 degree oven OR until the top is golden brown.
- Do not overbake, it will make your bread hard.
- Remove and let cool.
Add new comment